Proposal Writer (Req: 117)
Company: W. M. Lyles Co.
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Position Title: Proposal Writer (Req #: 117)Location: Temecula,
Rocklin, CADate Posted: 08/17/2023 Pay Range: $75,000 - 105,000
Position Description: Job Purpose This position works directly with
Business Development, Project Management, and Estimating team
members to provide support through coordinating, writing, editing,
researching, proofing, marketing, and maintaining databases.
Develops compelling proposals to communicate W. M. Lyles Co.'s
expertise and capabilities to both current and prospective clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Essential duties and other
responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Produces complex marketing proposals, presentations, and
printed qualification materials in response to formal and
informational client solicitations including Requests for
Qualifications (RFQs), and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Plans and manages meetings, events, conferences, and trade
shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements;
establishing contacts, and developing schedules and
- Assists in professional organization event management.
- Develops and implements the Company's brand strategy.
- Coordinates and develops marketing programs and strategies to
support business initiatives.
- Writes technical and marketing copy for proposals, Statements
of Qualifications (SOQs), and related materials (e.g.,
presentations, professional resumes, and project
- Works independently as a writer and editor to create accurate,
compelling, and client focused proposals and submits them in a
professional and timely manner.
- Designs and produces marketing and technical documents in hard
copy and electronic format.
- Works under the direction of multiple project managers and
principals and seeks their instruction as needed to complete
technical writing projects.
- Reviews, edits, and formats technical documents.
- Ensures proposals are responsive, thorough, and accurate.
- Updates and maintains marketing database (resumes,
presentations, visual media, and proposals).
- Ensures all marketing efforts serve to achieve immediate and
long-term business goals; identifying and executing improvements
for processes, content, and lead generation.
- Prepares marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring
- Provides market research, forecasts, competitive analyses,
results, and construction trends.
- Maintains and complies with company policies on ethical
standards and business practices, and maintains utmost privacy when
preparing confidential company correspondence and statistical
project reports. This job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
the position. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Required Education
- A Bachelor of Administration degree in Marketing, related
field, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with relative computer software
including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and
Word) and Adobe Products (InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat).
- 5+ years of relevant successful marking and proposal management
experience with a minimum 3 years of experience in the construction
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A valid California Driver's License Physical Requirements
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands
and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability
to adjust focus. Work Environment The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Office: The noise level in the work environment is
Keywords: W. M. Lyles Co., Temecula , Proposal Writer (Req: 117), Advertising , Temecula, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!